Australian Family Migration Visas
Family stream migrants are selected on the basis of their family relationship with their sponsor in Australia.They must be sponsored by a close family relative, partner or fiance (as applicable for the category).There is no requirement for skills or language testing.
There are 4 main categories of Family Visas:
* Spouse: the husband, wife or de facto partner
* Prospective Marriage: a fiance(e) overseas
* Interdependency: same sex partners committed to a shared life together.
* Dependent child: natural, adopted or stepchild of the Australian sponsor
* Adopted child: child adopted overseas
* Orphan relative: unmarried child under 18 years unable to be cared for by parent.
* Contributory parent
OTHER FAMILY VISAS
* Aged Dependent Relative: single, widowed, divorced or formally separated person dependent on an Australian relative
* Remaining Relative: has no near relatives outside Australia and is the brother, sister, child or step equivalent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
* Carer: willing and able to give substantial, continuing assistance to an Australian relative or family member who is impaired by a medical condition, needing assistance for at least two years.
For further information refer to the Department of Immigration & Citizenship fact sheet: Family Stream Migration